Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Heaven and Hell

Idaho was great.  It was a nice visit.  I  got to see some of the my father's tile work and I was really impressed.  His work is spectacular and he has a great eye for detail.
Oh, and we went to a home, the Vest cabin, and it was the closest thing to Heaven I have ever seen.  The building itself was of reclaimed timbers from the 1830's!  It had a big porch with a copper roof and copper window frames.  It sat next to the river on a huge spread of land.  The leaves of the trees were turning and the sky was filled with rainclouds (the kind that shoot shafts of sunlight down to the earth).  There was nothing else, just the beautiful cabin on the river surrounded by fields of grass, and golden trees, and golden sky.
That's how I imagine Heaven..

On a less happy note:
I sure hope that the end is nigh, because if all this crap is happening for nothing then-- well, it would just suck!!  
It's all quite frightening really, and I don't mean the stupid stuff on Wall Street, I mean the fact that Gadianton Robbers have completely taken control and NOBODY notices!  It's all so blatantly obvious, you don't need to go searching to see, all you have to do is wake up!  But nobody does...
So, it is all very frightening.  What keeps me optimistic is the hope that perhaps this is finally it!  Perhaps all of the prophecies of old are finally coming together!
I really hope so.  I don't want to grow up and try to figure out how to raise a family in a fascist world...a world that more and more seems to resemble Hell..


*The things I write on here are often disjointed or make little sense.  But too bad for you because it's not going to change!  Ha Ha!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Yeah, I worry about the same stuff. Like, how can I have the eight-kids-homeschooling-non-immunizing-self-reliant-free-thinking family I dream of when everywhere I turn there are people trying to eliminate freedom of choice? It's very disturbing. We could move to Siberia, I guess. To get off the grid. :)

Breanna said...

You're not the only one. I see it too. Yes, it scares me, but in a strange way I find it exciting. I'd like to think we're not far off, but a lot of carp still has to happen before then. I want to live through it all. I want to be there.

Rex Vallis said...

Absolutely SWEEEET post, Mr. Brain.

You da' MAN!!

Blog on...