Monday, October 20, 2008

Educational Sleep Deprivation

I could go to bed right now and probably wake up tired, or I could read a book after posting this and still wake up tired.
The former choice is of course the healthier one...
I think I'll take the latter.

Sometimes I hate that I don't know enough to hold my own in an argument.  Today during my free period we all got into a heated (yet well mannered) debate.  We ranged over a few topics, the usual: Presidential Election, Wall Street Bail-out, War in Iraq, etc.  While I feel that I made some decent points, I also feel that if I were more well read, more geographically literate, more culturally aware then I could refute the stupid arguments that some people were making.

So that is why I choose the latter.  That's why I am going to read a book until 3 o' clock in the morning.

(And hopefully the sleep deprivation won't have lasting damage on my brain...)


4 comments:

Breanna said...

You are crazy! You won't be able to debate at all if you're falling asleep all day.

A said...

I hope it wasn't too many of my stupid points you wanted to refute.
:S
Tomorrow, free period. Be there, or be square. :D

Haley said...

Argh~
I know!! We are not eduacted enough as citezens. How do we expect to know how to solve those probelms ignorantly? I know that I would take the latter choice as well: I need to know so much more than I do, be so much more informed. What would life be like it we all really knew what we were talking about? :)

Saralyn said...

Once again the arguement for reading non-fiction literature is strengthened. :)