Thursday, February 5, 2009

my eyes are going fuzzy...

Re-reading Ender's Game (until three in the morning!).  One of my very favorite books ever.  If you haven't read it then you aren't a red-blooded American.

College applications were annoying and stressful.  What if I don't have a clue what I want to do with my life?  Can I change my mind after I get back from my mission?

I have a bad case of Senioritis.  I really don't care about any of my classes anymore.  So many people are driving me crazy.  The sheltered, bureaucratic, self-contained world of high-school is getting really old.

But then there are my friends...  Looking at my friends never ceases to amaze me.  Some of the people I once couldn't stand are now my best friends.  But then some of the people who were once such a part of my life are now distant and foreign.  There have been so many interesting twists and turns which produce the most unexpected results.

It is sad to know that most of them will soon be little more than a memory.  I won't see them again and I probably won't care.  We have such a large --no, monstrous-- group of tight-knit friends.  We've gone on thousands of adventures and had thousands of laughs.  We have characters and personalities more varied than any author of fiction could ever invent!

Some days I know I'm going to miss every single one of them.  Other days I know it wouldn't faze me if they were gone tomorrow.

Some days
i wonder...
where
the Devil i'm going..
or
how
I'm gonna get there...

3 comments:

Jessica Grosland said...

I don't think anyone could better sum up Senior Year. (*grins*)

We all get so caught up in the "life-or-death" dramas of High School, and in a year we'll look back on this and laugh our heads off at how stupid we all were.

But maybe we'll also be laughing because we had such great times.

Krystal said...

It'll surprise you. You'll miss somethings sometimes, but mostly you'll change so much it'll seem like a distant dream. And the deal with not knowing where you are going...
It doesn't get any easier to figure out later. If anything it get's harder. Sorry.

Rex Vallis said...

If I had Facebook when I was at your point in life (almost 18 years ago) I might have stayed in touch with a few more HS friends. As it turns out, I've recently reconnected with the ones who had the greatest significance anyway, thanks to cool technology.