Monday, January 26, 2009

Brain..cells...leaving..........gone.

For a split second I thought it might be fun to irritate my U.S. Gov't teacher by pointing out flaws in what she was teaching.  Just for a second.
But then reality came flooding back in..
This class is 
so. 
bloody. 
useless.
brainless.
a waste.

Not only is the curriculum far, far, far below a high-school level, but the teacher is far, far, far below healthy brain capacity.  She is a zoobie through and through, which means she forgot a long time ago how to think for herself.  She has handed her mind over to anyone who wants to indoctrinate it.  And as such, it is impossible to hold an intelligent argument with her.  You can make as many valid points as you like but she merely brushes them aside and says, "Hmm, maybe.  But the book says..."

Unfortunately, she is the standard in our education system.  She teaches us the exact same things which were taught to her years earlier.  She regurgitates key phrases like "checks and balances" "We the People" "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness".  
And do we learn anything from that?  No, of course not.  It merely makes us one more product of the education system.  Then we can grow up and regurgitate the same things to the next generation.

So basically I hate that the system perpetuates itself.  People become apathetically programmable and will believe anything they are taught.  They never question whether the newspapers are actually reporting fact or whether they're unbiased, they never question whether they should really vaccinate their child, they never question whether police actually have the interest of the people in mind.  They merely accept what is being fed to them.  I can't stand people who won't think for themselves, people who won't seek out alternatives to the mind-numbing regurgitation of media and mass education!

Gah!  Sorry for the rant....



I'm dropping that class and teaching myself.

edit:  Krystal pointed out to me that I make it sound as if I'm criminalizing everyone who vaccinates their child or trusts in the police system.  I'm not.  I merely wish that people would learn about topics well enough that they can arrive at their own well-educated conclusion.

9 comments:

A said...

Huzzah.
you're my favorite.
Lets be awesome together.
ahmen.

Jessica Grosland said...

So you're teaching now?

Hmmm.

What kind of AP test do I have to pass to be in your class?

Eric Evans said...

AMEN!

I had this same rant with my brother. People who just don't think frustrate the living daylights out of anyone inteligent enough to see through their stupidity! The class is pointless. Thank-you for putting it so well.
Again:
AMEN!

Breanna said...

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!! I HATE THAT CLASS!! She is the WORST teacher I have EVER EVER HAD!! AHHHH!! She drives me crazy! Everything is busy work!!! I have it tomorrow
:(....I might end up hurting someone.

Saralyn said...

You have Mrs. Orton, huh?
Hahahahahahahaha!

That was the greatest class EVER!
Derek Larsen, Chandler Scott, Radison Parry, and Taylor Smith were in that class with me and they didn't care at all and it made Mrs. Orton super angry.

In addition to that Chandler would always argue with her.. one time quoting the definition of something straight from Webster’s and she never once admitted he was right..
granted it is hard to grasp what Chandler is saying sometimes...

Think of all the memories you won't have.
Ah. The memories. That's what High School is all about.. having so many painful experiences that you appreciate the rest of your life much more. :)

Kimberly said...

Amen, brother!

Scott said...

get her logan GO FIGHT WIN!

by the way it is really fun when my brother comes and rants about this lady (he gets steamed)

Rex Vallis said...

If you haven't already, I would highly recommend "The 5000 Year Leap" and "The Making of America." But you don't need to swallow them without thinking - let them flip the switches and engage the gears in your great brain.

And don't ever let it get to you if somebody calls you un-American for daring to question an issue.

The greatest thinkers have all been engaged in the Great Debate.

And I hate typical textbooks. They suck. They turn your brain to nasty mush. Especially history textbooks. Your teacher would probably never venture to suggest reading "The Federalist Papers" or "The Anti-Federalist" but that's prob'ly cuz she hasn't bothered to read them herself.

Krystal said...

She may not be the best teacher. I remember the class being pretty boring myself- I didn't enjoy it one bit. But it doesn't help anyone to slam her. Complaining doesn't get you anywhere, nor does it help her become a better teacher. Sometimes we just need to rant to get frustrations out, especially when we feel we are wasting time and enegry. But teaching is a lot harder and involves more things than most people ever take into account. Cut her a tiny bit of slack, at least she's trying.