Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Snail Mail

Okay, I suppose I should explain my lack of new posts.

Let me start off by saying that my job is extremely boring.  No honestly, my job is extremely boring.  It also doesn't require a lot of concentration.  I sit at a desk and ask stupid people lots of stupid questions over the telephone.

That said..  I pass the time at work by writing letters.  At first I just used it as an opportunity to write to the First Ward missionaries, Vegas and Tango, but I eventually started writing more and more letters.  To people I haven't seen in a long time or to people I see pretty regularly, it doesn't matter.

I find it really enjoyable.  It's therapeutic in the same way that posting on a blog or writing in a journal is therapeutic.  It's creative.  I have fun writing about day-to-day happenings, it makes them seem less mundane.  I have fun drawing little pictures and diagrams of the things I write about.  It's fun even though I don't write anything of consequence.  It's also fun to stay in touch with friends and family members that you usually wouldn't see much.

And who doesn't love snail mail?!  Isn't it so much fun to go out to the mailbox and find something addressed to you?  Something other than a bill or an advertisement.  Something that someone actually spent time writing.  Sealed the envelope.  Licked the stamp.  Sent off.  Just for you.

So that's why I haven't posted much lately, because everything I would write about has already been told in a letter.

5 comments:

A said...

That's Hannah and I's logic when it comes to communication. We could email back and forth easier, but letters are AMAZING. it's so great getting a letter from someone you love instead of just bills, colleges, and advertisements.
Snail Mail ftw!

Haley said...

That does sound lovely, Logan.

Way to spend your time-
poetry's boring anyhow! :)

Jessica Grosland said...

Poetry is NOT boring!

(*scowls, feigning resentment*)

Logan Thomas said...

I agree Megan, poetry is definitely not boring (If it is done well).

Jessica Grosland said...

(*grins*) Did I ever mention that you're hilarious in the most wonderful way?