Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Let's start at the very beginning..

..it's a very good place to start.

H'okay!  So I really was going to post a while ago, but I couldn't get the picture to upload.  And of course things got extremely hectic after that.

Do you remember when I was complaining about my really ignorant U.S. Government teacher?  Well, I dropped the class so I wouldn't have to put up with her.  I figured I would just make it up online.  Well, being the responsible person I am I kept putting it off until "Gah!  Graduation is next week?!"  So I spent a solid week sitting in front of a computer regurgitating ridiculous propaganda so that I could graduate.  I made it, but just barely.  In fact I had to take a final test the day after graduation.  Fun stuff.

But, I'm graduated.  I'm officially done with Springville High School forever!  I was sooo ready for it when it finally came.  I got sick of putting up with stupid teachers and their stupid games.  I'm a little sad though, that I won't be seeing most of these people again.  It's going to take all of my effort just to stay in touch with the few that I really care about.



Senior All-Night Party was fun.  Star Trek was awesome!  Although I came out of the theater wishing very much that I had been a Trekkie.  I've been watching some of the other Star Trek movies so that I don't feel ashamed.


All of my friends are gone or are going on really cool trips and it makes me really jealous!  Eric is in California (Highway 1! Ah!).  Jessica just got back from Disney-freaking-Land.  Nathan is in Paris.  Allyssa leaves Saturday for Germany.  Kimberly is about to come home from Spain.  Gah!  You all better take lots of pictures or at least remember lots of details so that you can come home and tell me all about it!
I was looking at this picture (you'll probably have to click on it because I couldn't manage to make it smaller):

and I said to myself, "By Hell, I am going to play in Hyde Park someday!"
But that is not this day.  Isn't it a cool picture?

Oh! check out this picture! (again, click)


Those are Maunsell Sea Forts!  Don't they look like something straight out of fantasy?  They built them during World War II to defend the Thames and Mersey Estuaries.  I can't get over how cool they are!  There are more pictures of them here.  This particular picture came from this album on The Big Picture which is a really awesome site.

9 comments:

Kimberly said...

Logan! Your time will come! And when it does, I'll blog-stalk you and drool over your postcards! I love you, brother, and I'll see you in THREE DAYS!!!!

Saralyn said...

Three thoughts:

"For this day we fight!"

Pcha! You have the chance to take the two year leeway if you want.

And, once again, good onion for graduating. :)

Logan Thomas said...

Ha! I'm so glad you caught that, Sarah Lynne.
"But that is not this day!" tcha!

Anonymous said...

Lol... if I was only as innovative as you, Logan. ;) Or as fantastically intolerant... Anyhow, glad you're graduated! I really like your invite...

Jessica Grosland said...

Sooo...basically the title of this post should be "Logan finally figured out how to put pictures on his blog, here are a few random favorites!"

Well, since it's you're first blog post in weeks, I'll take anything I can get. (*grins*)

Krystal said...

Thanks for posting a comment :)

Actually I did see you at institute but I was in the middle of a conversation, but when it was convienent for me to bow out I looked around for you so I could say 'Hi' and you had left!

But congrats on graduating :) We'll have to get together to catch up sometime.

Logan Thomas said...

Jessica, I'll have you know that I didn't post those pictures for the sake of posting pictures. I posted them because they were exciting and/or relevant and I wanted to share them.

The post preceding this one is due merely to technical difficulties trying to get a picture off of Facebook, which I can't figure out.

A said...

I can help you with that whole 'getting-pictures-off-of-facebook' thing.

Saralyn said...

I know! Pick me!

If you added the picture to facebook all you have to do is make it your profile picture and then click on "delete picture" on the right hand side.

That is assuming your facebook language is in English and not "Pirate"...