Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Where I want to be

There are times when I just don't know where I want to be.
Like now.  There are times when you say, "I want to go home." or, "I wish I were with my friends."  But right now.. I don't know where I want to be.
Perhaps a mountain, in the cool of the pines, a sliver of blue sky showing between towering peaks.  Perhaps, driving, zipping down the road, fast, headed anywhere or nowhere.  Perhaps up in a tree, with a book.  I don't know.

Well!  Anyways, I went on a date last night.  A double date with my best friend Li'l Bop.  It was a lot of fun!  We went to see 'My Fair Lady' and snagged some cheap food on the way home.  A nice success, if I do say so myself, I hope the young ladies would agree.  I thought it was particularly nice because I was finally able to get an official date with a certain girl.  Jolly good!

I'm not sure whether I should use people's names and such.  I don't know how other people feel about having their information plastered across the internet, so for now I'll just use nicknames and pronouns.

4 comments:

A said...

sometimes I feel that way, only different.
Like, I don't want to exist. But I don't want to be dead either.

Like I want to fold inside of myself and hide, for a really long time.

sorta' like a turtle, but different.

And I need to hear who this "certain girl" is! :]

Logan Thomas said...

Me too.
I don't want to BE, and yet I don't want to NOT BE. I find myself wanting to fall flat on my face.
I haven't tried it yet...

The certain girl? Why, Haley Brooksby of course. I tried three times to get a date with her so it was nice to finally succeed.

Rex Vallis said...

Yup - that longing for a place we can't quite remember...it doesn't go away when you get a few years older, you just sort of get used to it and get a few more ideas of where it comes from.

Haley said...

Yup!
I'd have to say, but I'm sure you are already aware, I AM terribly sorry that it took so long to go on some sort of a date with you! The time was well spent, memories of Allyssa on Tylenol were made, and for sure a very fun night! =D
Thank you!