Friday, November 11, 2011

Winning Team

Last night we camped out in front of the Spectrum (USU's Basketball Stadium) along with over a thousand Aggies.  It was hard to get a good photo, but above you can see some of the tent city of faithful fans who braved the cold for a chance to see Utah State play against BYU.  This was my first time camping out for an event --I've never camped for a concert or a movie or Black Friday.
It was bitter cold, but what's cold when you're with friends?  From left to right (looking our best in the cold) is me, my girlfriend Cassie, my roommate Eric, and our neighbor Shelby (Phi Kappa Psi's Dreamgirl #2).  Our camping trip was a little spontaneous and as amateurs we didn't bring a deck of cards or a thermos of cocoa but we had a lot of fun and managed to keep warm.  In the morning Evan and his friend Liz snagged us all wristbands for the game!
I love Aggie basketball games so much.  They're hard to describe to someone who's never experienced them, but the chants, cheers, energy and unity make them an unforgettable experience.  They're not your typical sports game --we get mean.  It might be hard to see but the banner over the visiting team entrance to the Spectrum reads, "Welcome To Hell".  I love my school.

EDIT:  Final score:   69 USU vs. BYU 62

4 comments:

A said...

your roommate would be named Eric...

Anonymous said...

HAHA, oh dude, I totally thought the picture was from Occupy. In any case. Awesome time. :)

Logan Thomas said...

Actually they were calling it Occupy the Spectrum, so you're kind of right Beth.

Rex Vallis said...

Pretty freakin' hilarious that Aggie fans have generated so much publicity lately. I was at the Spectrum for the 12/17 and 12/21 b-ball games. In spite of the lack of very many students, the student cheering section was still pretty impressive.