Friday, February 11, 2011

W-I-N-N-E-R

Guess what! I won the Spelling Bee yesterday!
Okay, actually I didn't win. I came in second. BUT, in the final round it was just me and this other guy duking it out, right? Well, we were getting some pretty tricky words until he gets up and what word does he get?

calculus.

REALLY?! Are you kidding me?! That's the final-round Spelling Bee word?! Who doesn't know how to spell 'calculus'? Even if you didn't know how to spell 'calculus' you'd know it was Latin and be able to guess your way through it.

Well then I get up, and what word do they give me?

elangue.

What is that word? I've never seen that word anywhere in my life. No one has ever seen that word before. I can't even google it for a definition. As far as I can tell, it's not actually a word in the English language. or any language. I spelled it with an "o" instead of an "a".

Then the other guy got up to spell "semanticize". Easy, right?

So technically he got first place and I came in second. But the second place prize was this beauty:
No, not the dazzling smile, the camera! Second place prize was that sweet camera and first place was one of the new iPod Nano's. So pretty much my prize was better and I won it fair and square (calculus. srsly?).

And now I have an awesome camera, which is cool because I didn't have a camera of my own.

Also, last night I tried out to be in the General Conference Choir. I'm pretty sure I got in. woot! I never realized how much I miss singing in a choir until I came up here and went to a few chamber practices with my roommate. I'm pretty excited!

Also, also, I'm going home today.

To steal Eric's saying: Life is good.



P.S. Alecia, how do you spell physician?

3 comments:

Krystal said...

Congrats on winning the spelling bee :) And when shall we play sir? I have yet to actually spend any time with you up here...

A said...

Trolololololol.

:|

Jessica Grosland said...

Congratulations on winning the better prize. Does this mean we'll be seeing more pictures soon? This idea of Logan-in-college is a weird one to me...

And I'm glad you're doing Choir-y things again. If you get in, do you all get to wear salmon-colored ties?