Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Black Cat...

...crossed my path as I was heading home from an epic fail date.

I'm packed (and excited) for NOAC.

I'm SO excited to fly in an airplane.  And I really don't care if it's "not all it's cracked up to be."  I'm sick of people telling me that the whole airport/flying experience is a pain.  I think the airport looks like so much fun.  Everyone is either going somewhere really exciting or returning from somewhere really exciting.

Speaking of which, Evan leaves on the 16th for Germany!  He just found out who his host family will be.  I'm sure he's going to have a blast, but I don't know what I'll do without him.  He's always been there.  For my entire life he has been there.  We've always shared a room, and other than little week-long trips here and there neither of us have ever been gone.  But now Evan will be gone.

Other news:
  • Spent the first night in the treehouse with the boys
  • Learned the constellations Hercules, Pegasus, Capricorn, Auquarius, Bootes, and others
  • Visited Mr. Bird (isn't that guy just freaking awesome?).  He has a broken foot and hasn't been able to get out as much as he would like to
  • "Acquired" another road sign.
  • Cleaned more of my room (almost there)
  • Baked a quiche for a 50's style picnic.  played croquet.  tasted Ironport at SOS Drug Store
  • Oh!  Slaughtered 14 chickens!  I was going to post some pictures but then I got lazy..
  • Posted on a sad, neglected blog (which has a lot of followers, oddly enough..)

5 comments:

A said...

epic fail date?

Jessica Grosland said...

Was the black cat opening an umbrella indoors under a ladder covered in spilled salt?

NOAC. That's the (*cringe*) Indiana thing, right? (*pained expression*) Well, I hope you have a fantastic time so that you can tell me all about it when you get back.

Incidently, I think some people might find it strange that as you were slaughtering 14 chickens you decided to take some pictures of the good wholesome fun. Mrs. Leek might have a few things to say about what goes on in that head of yours.

Haley said...

Evan's going to GERMANY?? As an exchange student!

My, tell that kid good luck, and also that I am so excited for him! Is he learning the language? How long will he be gone?

Wow, I haven't heard from you in awhile, Logan. I'm quite happy that you're posting still!

Keep it up! It's wonderful to know you're still alive. What's your plans for fall?

Cheers!

PS The epic fail date was my fault...

besky said...

I've flown plenty of times, but I never get over the thrill of taking off. And there are so many interesting people at airports! I definitely think it's worth getting excited about.

The Erin said...

Hmmm. Which sign did you "aquire" this time? I notice you haven't hit the "one way" sign on my street. When are you going to get around to that?