Thursday, May 7, 2009

Green Eggs and AP Tests. And Toilets!

Chya!  I freaking rocked it up on the second essay question on the AP Literature test today!  Actually I felt good about the entire test.  Probably not a 5, but hopefully passing.  It feels good to have that over and done with.

Anyway, I'm proud to present to you the very first pictures on Me 'n' the Moon!  I had hoped I would have something more fitting for such a momentous occasion, but I don't.  I just wanted to show you a few things I've been up to lately.

This first one is a painting I did for my AP Literature class.  Every APES class before us has left a legacy behind.  This is ours.  The photo is of the unfinished work.  I later added a big, stamped "TRAGEDY" label because a few of us, particularly me and Eric, kept heckling Simmons about her definition of a tragedy.  We eventually became exasperated and shouted, "Heck! Everything is a tragedy then!  Even Green Eggs and Ham is a bloody tragedy!"


This is how I replied to Keilani Gleave.  She asked me to Last Chance Dance with a really cool doodled note which you will probably never get to see because I'm too lazy to figure out how the scanner works.  Anyways!  It was Evan's idea and of course we had to do it because it was freaking brilliant!  I mean, honestly, who on earth has an extra toilet lying around?  The best part about it was that Keilani's family couldn't really move it anywhere because they had nowhere to put it, so it sat on their porch for all the world to see for two days before I could come over and retrieve it. Ha!

I'm pretty excited for Last Chance though.  Keilani is a really cool girl.  Sometimes I worry about dates and whatnot though because I'm not a really talkative person.  I'm always worried that I'll be working really hard to keep a conversation going, y'know?  Ah well.


I'm reading Garth Nix's Lirael.  I really like easy reads.  They're a nice change from assigned works or thick, rich "works of literary merit".  Just a nice easy fantasy to pull me along and get lost in.  That's all I want right now.

2 comments:

Saralyn said...

Nice.

Kimberly said...

BUAHAHAHAHAH! You have no idea how hard I laughed when Mom told me about the whole toilet thing. Did Simmons like her gift?