Sunday, December 7, 2008

still here

Good Heavens!
This last week was completely hectic.  Concentrated Stress in a Can!
I gave blood on Tuesday, which I'm pretty sure was a stupid idea because I spent the next four days on my feet for Choir Dinner.  
"No strenuous lifting," they said.
Oops.
I hammered my body for those four days: lifting those bloody stands, hauling and pulling on the floor mats, building the backdrop, running around setting up risers, curtains, christmas trees, practicing and performing under the baking lights.  I would leave for school in the morning and not return home until late at night.  I was dizzy throughout the whole ordeal and I'm surprised I didn't actually pass out.  I blame it on the missing blood.

But it all went very well.  Especially the second night when Li'l Bop and I weren't completely faking large sections of the show.  We had a blast!  Thank you all so much, those of you who attended.  And a big thank you to those who helped to set it up, especially the ones who aren't even in the choir.

I'm really tired, but I thought I should post to show that I am still alive.



"Quarter to twelve, I'm feelin' fine.  When the sun comes up I'm gonna miss my friend moonshine!"

4 comments:

A said...

He lives!
Phew.

:D

I had no idea about the blood thing.
I would have brought you FOOD, silly boy. You can't lose blood, sleep, and not eat AND still be alright...

...wait. apparently you can.

Okay, new plan:
I'll sew you a cape and sweet super-suit.
You can just run around being superman all the time!

Crazy!

Rex Vallis said...

If you're going to sew a supersuit, leave the cape out - remember "The Incredibles?"

Those days of choir were awesome. We did things a bit different at Bear River High School, but I was in various choir groups for my last two years, and we did a "Madrigal Dinner" complete with a boar's head and other food that nobody would touch -- and we sang cool songs like "Banquet Fugue" by the Kings' Singers...

I was also part of the "New Horizons" show choir at the Logan Institute for two years - that was a lot of fun.

But you guys really rocked the house - that was a LOT of people in the gym, and the food was quite tasty. I was impressed at how much participation there was - it seems like a large percentage of the student body must be in a choir or play an instrument!

Haley said...

I have to agree with Alecia, here Logan. You are one crazy, superman type of a guy!

Step right up, ladies, I believe we have our Mr. Springville for the 2008/2009 year! ;)

A said...

Oh yeah!

No capes.
*snatch*

Thanks Rex.